14 PLANT-BASED SNACK IDEAS
1. Edamame (1cup)
Rich in protein, high in fibre and low in calories.
2. Soy yoghurt (1/2 cup) with a handful mixed nuts & seeds
A good source of calcium and healthy fats.
3. Chia pudding cup: Chia seeds (2Tbs), sliced kiwifruit, blueberries & almond milk (soak for 2hrs and top with soy yoghurt)
Rich in alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3), vitamin C, antioxidants and calcium.
4. Wholegrain crackers (4) with avocado & tahini
Low G.I and a good source of prebiotics.
5. Slice of sprouted bread (1) toasted with hummus and sliced tomato
High in fibre, and contains the antioxidant lycopene.
6. Smoothie: 300ml calcium fortified oat/soy milk + 1 frozen banana / cup berries
A rich source of calcium and vitamin C.
7. Carrot sticks with hummus (2Tbs)
Cheap, tasty and high in beta-carotene.
8. Apple slices with almond butter
A good source of fibre and healthy fats.
9. Fruit salad (1cup) with soy yoghurt (2Tbs)
A good source of vitamin C.
10. Plain popcorn (2cups) with nutritional yeast sprinkled on top
Tasty, low in calorie, high in fibre and a good source of B vitamins.
11. Trail mix (handful)
A rich energy source to keep you going.
12. Dates (3) stuffed with walnuts
A great combo of healthy fats, fibre and energy.
13. Baked broccoli florrets with tahini/vegenaise
A good source of prebiotic fibres for your gut health.
14. Olives (10)
High in monunsaturated fats and antioxidants.