You may of heard of fibre, but do you actually, and I sincerely mean actually, realise how important this nutrient is?
I can tell you that fibre is the difference between a good and a bad diet, because without it, you can't function properly. And more importantly your gut bacteria can't function properly. Check out my previous post to learn more.
How much fibre do I need?
Men: need 30-38g of fibre per day
Women: need 25-28g of fibre per day
10 tips on how to eat more fibre
1. Eat a variety of wholefoods including vegetables, legumes, fruits, wholegrains, nuts and seeds.
2. Choose wholegrains like oats, brown rice, quinoa and dark grainy breads.
3. Add 1-2 small spoons of chia seeds, LSA or ground flaxseed to your cereal, yoghurt or smoothie.
4. Include at least 3 cups of vegies and salad each day.
5. Include a serving of fruit or vegetables at each meal.
6. Eat the peels of your vegetables and fruits whenever possible.
7. Add barley, beans, chickpeas or lentils to soups, stews and curries.
8. Snack on roasted chickpeas or edamame.
9. Use avocado or hummus as a spread or dip for snacks.
10. Sprinkle nuts and seeds on your salads, pasta dishes and stir-fries.